Reliable transit systems allow people to make life-changing decisions about where and how to live—confident that their decisions will remain valid over the long term. Reliable transit systems also re-enfranchise disadvantaged persons by offering them a way to be vibrant members of their immediate and extended communities.
• is consistent in transit routing.
• continues to operate at or above current service levels.
• avoids excess modifications to routing and scheduling.
• features high-frequency transit corridors with 24/7 service—including Sundays and holidays.
• uses transit signal priority to ensure the best chances of riders arriving at their final destinations on time.